My Pinched Sciatic Nerve
Ah, the joy of having a pinched sciatic nerve. Sounds pretty easy to accomplish and seems like everyone has had a pinched sciatic nerve at one time or another in their life. The fact is, that the word sciatica is basically a catch-all term for radiating nerve pressure. Similar to when we get congested and have a runny nose, we might say we have the flu. Your nerve system is your master control system. Every cell, tissue, organ, and gland is regulated and controlled by your nerve system. Your pinched sciatic nerve that is causing you “pain,” is and should be the least of your concerns. Think about all of your bodily functions controlled and regulate by your pinched nerve. The function is the aspect we are trying to maintain here.
Your pinched sciatic nerve is in your body continually getting worse without you knowing about it. Pinched nerves (subluxation’s) are what chiropractors find and correct. No other health discipline does this. If you restore proper function to the nerve by removing pressure off of it, then your functionality is back and the “pinching” stops. The sensation that comes with your pinched sciatic nerve is obvious, yet does not appear right away. It could be years before the sensation of pain finally appears for some individuals. So, to differentiate the two variables pain vs function of a nerve even more… A subluxation causing irritation to a nerve results in loss of normal function in your body. Nerve fibers are designed to only transmit 10% of sensations of pain. The other 90% of the nerve is designed for function. Safe to say that your function in life is the one going to be experiencing the loss. Have your nerves checked for possible subluxation’s affecting your overall quality of life.